TAKE THE SURVEY: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6RCFPBB Good fortune, pleasure, and contentment are all qualities that make up happiness. I want to hear stories about what makes you happy? LEAVE A COMMENT!
What makes me happy is having a plan and knowing where I'm going. What I mean by this is living the life I want to live. I dive for BYU, I married an AMAZING man, I know what kind of work I want to pursue, I love my religious views, and feel like I've experienced a lot in this life. Like many others, I have stressful doubts and fears, but it's the little things that keep me going. Usually my stresses aren't focused on me, but directed towards others. What do I mean by all this? What I mean, is I care about others happiness more than my own. Having the people around me and serving them, gives me great happiness. I want my siblings to experience the things I learned, I want my husband to be happy, and I love to make my friends laugh. Happiness comes in many shapes and sizes, peoples and cultures, and circumstances and situations.
My joy comes from the amazing people around me. Some days I feel down because of bad grades, a tiring workout, or money is tight; but the people around you really lift you up. I want to serve others and make a bigger difference. Sure I do some service once in a while, but my goal is to improve my work ethic and increase the people I serve.
SO WHAT? Build your connections, love the people around you, and don't be selfish.
I agree that having a plan brings happiness. I remember one time I went to a jamboree for baseball and it was the most terrifying thing for me as a young kid, mostly because I didn't know the plan.
ReplyDeleteI've always been afraid of things I don't understand. As soon as I take the time and effort to get to know what new things are out there, it makes it a lot easier to live in confidence rather than fear.
It was fun to take your survey on happiness. Among many other things, some of the things that make me most happy are the gospel of Jesus Christ, spending time with my family and friends, travelling to new places and experiencing new cultures, laughing, playing games, eating good food, and enjoying all of the simple things in life. Getting an A never hurts either.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that seeing other people being happy around us can also be a great source of personal happiness. It is great to share joy with others and lift others up when they are in times of need. I think that one of the best things we can do in our lives is to learn to be happy no matter the circumstances we live in.