Why does Grammar have to define a person? Who says correct grammar shows a persons true intelligence? Grammar is a slippery way to judge others. I understand that if you really were intelligent, you would study your own language a little more, but who cares about a semicolon, a dash, or an intransitive verb.
My biggest pet peeve is judgment of others. We all judge others, and we do it everyday. The way someone writes, or the way a person dresses doesn't define them.
Some people have this burning love for scripture stories, or prayer, or fasting. I personally feel so warm, and so much love for someone when I think of them as child of God. I want to see that person for who they are, and who they could become. I know I judge others all the time, but judgement shouldn't fog my lenses.
The craziest thing I've ever heard from a well respected, and spiritual man, was that men who forget to shave at BYU probably wont be able to keep their covenants. OMG! Did you hear that correctly? YES! You totally just did. He was trying to make a point about paying attention to small and simple things, but what I heard was a disrespectful and judgmental opinion. He now treats people differently because of his formulated opinion.
A beard doesn't show spiritual strength, grammar doesn't prove intelligence, and blessings don't ensure you're always doing the right things. It's not what's on the outside, it is what's on the inside. LOL, #cheesequote. My goal in life, is to never be to quick to judge. To be open-minded and understand special qualities inside of everyone. We all need to take a second look and respect everyone.
"A person's a person, no matter how small." -Dr. Seuss

No comments:
Post a Comment